My husband, 7-year-old daughter and I are looking to go to Oman for a few days as part of a week-long stay visiting family in Dubai in February.
I hope this esteemed forum can shed some light on my many questions!
1. Is 2-3 days there enough to get some initial feel of Oman?
2. My husband wants to drive across from Dubai. Given we don't have a huge amount of time to play with, would we save time if we flew from Dubai rather than travel by car? Is there a lot of cross-border faff with visas and suchlike?
3. What are the must-sees? Muscat? Elsewhere?
4. What are prices like in Oman - are they akin to those in Dubai?
5. Any hotel recommendations for cool places (preferably with a pool) or activities that we could bring our 7-year-old on gratefully received. Unusual or boutique type hotels welcome.
Many thanks in advance!