Dil Ki Awaaz - Season 2
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED!
*WhatsApp to +968 94961108*
Dil Ki Awaaz is back! Who will become Oman’s next singing sensation in Season 2 of the country’s biggest talent hunt? Stay tuned to find out.
This first-of-its-kind singing competition provides a platform for Oman’s migrant workers to showcase their talent. Entries for the first audition round are invited as voice notes on Whatsapp, to the number +968 94961108. After another live audition round, a panel of judges select 20 finalists, who take part in the Grand Finale at the Muscat Amphitheatre in Qurum.
The Grand Finale promises an evening of pure entertainment and entry is free for all.
Watch this space – join us on our journey to find our next superstar!
Terms and conditions:
1. Residents above the age of 18 residing in Oman & with a minimum salary of $50 to a maximum of $550 are eligible to participate in the Contest (“Contestant”) except employees of the Organizer and their immediate families and its agents and affiliates/agencies associated with the Contest
2. Languages accepted: Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali, Urdu, Nepali & Tamil
3. Contest details/timeline:
• Contest Entry submission for online audition: 1st February - 20th February 2019
• Announcement of shortlisted winners: 22nd Feb
• Live Auditions for shortlisted winners: 1st of March, 2019
• Grand Finale in Amphitheatre, Muscat, Oman: 22nd March, 2019
4. Entry requirements, method and rules:
a. SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES/AUDITION
i. Contestants shall share their recorded audio clip through WhatsApp to the number +968 94961108 by filing the below details
b. SHORTLISTING/ONLINE AUDITION ROUND
i. Shortlisting of entries for live audition
ii. Judges to select 20 Contestants from online entries to go through the live audition.
c. LIVE AUDITION
i. Shortlisting of entries for the Finale
ii. Judges to select the 3 finalists.
d. GRAND FINALE
i. Grand Finale will be held in Muscat, Oman.
3 finalists from online entries & 17 finalists from the camps will compete for the title of Dil Ki Awaaz - Season 2 (see clause no. 12 for selection criteria)
5. Song Selection: During the live auditions and Grand Finale, the Contestants may only choose and use a song from the list of songs provided by the Organizer.
6. Composition: The compositions/songs used in the Contest shall only be used as straight cover versions - no adaptations or lyric alterations shall be permitted.
7. Prizes: A total prize pool of OMR 3100 has been allocated. OMR 1000 for one (1) Finale winner. OMR 750 for one (1) first runner-up and OMR 500 for one (1) second runner-up and a token prize of RO 50 each for 17 finalists (seventeen finalists).
8. Notification: All finalist(s) will be notified personally, on WhatsApp, or by telephone call. There will not be any notifications for unsuccessful Contestants.
9. Confirmation: Shortlisted Contestants will be notified on every stage of the Contest. Contestants must sign a form confirming their participation in the whole duration of the Contest.
10. Non-appearance or availability of shortlisted Contestants: For any reason, if any Contestants are unable to perform at any stage of the Contest when required to do so by these terms, the Contestant(s) with the next highest score will qualify to perform in the place of the displaced Contestant.
11. Criteria for choosing winners: Winners are selected at every stage based on following criteria:
• 50% voice quality (tone, intonation, control, clarity)
• 50% originality (style, tempo, dynamics)
• 50% voice quality (tone, intonation, control, clarity)
• 30% originality (style, tempo, dynamics)
• 20% stage presence (eye contact, body expression, facial expression, attire)
12. The judges will be comprised of Xpress Money representatives and individuals who work in the music industry (India, GCC or internationally).
13. The judges’ decision will be final and binding in the selection of the winners at every stage and no correspondence will be entertained whatsoever in this regard with any Contestant.
14. Transfer and utilization of prizes: prizes are non-transferable.
15. Taxes (If applicable): Winners are responsible for any and all taxes payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received.
16. Winners’ acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to be interviewed on camera or photographed for purposes of publicity and/or advertising without further compensation unless prohibited by law. The Organizer may also publish the names of the winners in a newspaper of general circulation after the Grand Finale without any further compensation to the winners.
17. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that the Organizer, or any prize sponsors, its affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability for, and shall hold all such parties harmless against damage, loss or injury that may arise from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prizes or participation in this Contest.
18. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Organizer and its affiliates and agents associated with this Contest shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the contest or any gift or prize.
19. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to vandalism, power failure, natural disasters, act of God, civil unrest, strikes, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizer, which corrupt or affect the administration of this contest, the Organizer may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant government authority) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest and/or may disqualify at its sole discretion any individual in any way involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of the Contest.
20. The Organizer collects the Contestant’s personal information in order to conduct the contest. By joining the Contest, unless otherwise advised, each Contestant also agrees that the Organizer may use this information, or disclose it to other organizations that may use it in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Contestant.
21. Contest entries and material (“Materials”) submitted in connection with this Contest (whether in written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) or any photographs, video and/or film footage and/or audio recording taken of Contestants become the property of the Organizer which may use the material in any medium and in any reasonable manner it sees fit. Copyright in the Materials shall vest absolutely in the Organizer.
22. The Contestant shall not without the specific prior written consent of the Organizer publish or disclose any information in connection with the Contest or the prize (without limitation to representatives of media in whatsoever form). The Contestants shall not be entitled to give interviews or be involved in articles or reports in respect of the Contest or the prize with any third party.
23. The Contestant hereby grants and assigns the Organizer the entire copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Contest and its involvement in the Contest in all media and technology.