To Supervision and management of all activities, besides contribute to the continued improvement of the Section’s processes, procedures, systems and services.
Manage Back-Office responsibilities for the bank’s proprietary investments book, and ensure effective separation of duties between front-office and back-office, as per the tasks described below. Also to Verify adequate documentation and conformity of deals with the documents. Ensures that the deals are appropriately input in the system. Authorize payments resulting from all products related to activities of the department. Undertakes correspondence related to activities. Act on in case of non-receipt of funds against deals.
Investment Back office unit :-
1. Ensure that investments are confirmed and settled on due dates, as per proper internal approvals.
2. Know the approval hierarchy for investments of the Bank, and ensure that this hierarchy is strictly followed by the Investment Department.
3. Arrange to settle and complete KYC requirements of the investments that the bank enters into business.
4. Provide regular stock holding and valuation reports and other required MIS report to the management and investment department. Arrange with fund providers for NAV reports and download stock prices from the relevant markets to properly value the bank’s holdings.
5. Update corporate action for Local and Overseas Investment and Islamic Investment (Dividend sheet, Bonus shares +stock split+ convertible bonds).
6. Reconciliation Investment application account, receivable, payable, income and P&L accounts.
7. Managing to deliver monthly and quarterly reports accurately on or before the deadline (Create interest income report /Dividend/ Buy and sales sheet / Investment Income sheet / yields/Market value FTM/ Management fees/ KRM/ Valuation Investment / MIS Investment).
8. Overseas accounts reconciliation.
9. Create the periodical reporting to CBO in their standard formats.
10. Balance confirmation (Year End )
11. To complete other tasks assigned related to the department
12. Pass monthly revaluation entries
13. Updating investment related information in the various banking systems
( KLM/KRM/FINACLE TRS/FIN CORE ETC)
Coordinates internal and external audits.
Manages enquiries from the CBO and responds accordingly.
Islamic Banking Back Office unit:-
1- Business counterparty maintenance
Create business counterparties in the system and update standard settlement instructions
2-SS I maintenance
Update records our standard settlement instructions (SSI) and send to counterparties
3-verification and settlement of deals
a. Review deals papers and verifies correctness of all terms including payment and receipt
Instruction. Ensures deals as captured in the correct product.
b. Accept deals or reject based on the details inputted In the system against the reutter details.
c. Assess the need of reversals of any deal or transactions and authorize and rearrange for booking
d. Release payments for all products and handling disputes/discrepancies with counterparties
Verify deals confirmations against deal details, advise or follow up with
Correspondent bank in case of discrepancies.
Undertake general system maintenance. Archive document on a regular basis
Perform supervisory functions and exercise financial authority at the level established . By senior management for this position.
Check reports and prepare daily MIS for submission to the Bank’s Management.
Provide Finance Division with information for various Central Bank returns
8-Balancing of currency positions
Daily reconciliation for currency open position.
9-Run revaluation, amortization process and Pass monthly revaluation entries.
10-CBO return for conventional /Islamic deals
11-Balance confirmation (Year End )
12-Reconcilation of income, receivable and P&L for Islamic account.
13- Managing to deliver monthly and quarterly reports accurately on or before the deadline (FX Islamic/ Investment Islamic /Mis Islamic/receivable interest sheet/buy and sales sheet/nop3/ Investments movement/profit & loss /Islamic bank limit/ Information or requirements - Final Audit/ FX profit amortization).