Mechanical Engineer - Design/Construction - Hospital
Career Level : Manager level
Work Experience : 10+ Years
Employment Type : Full Time
Education Level : Any
Required to join an international consultancy working on the design and construction of a hospital project in Oman. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities
Reviews, evaluates and approve design submissions, drawings, calculations, material submissions, method statements and documents for accuracy and compliance with the applied standards and specifications.
Ensuring that design, assessments, calculations and drawings are in accordance with the Employer Requirements, current industry Standards, Codes of Practice and Best Practice.
Respond to the site RFIs and support worksite progress to ensure conformance to design, specifications and safety standards.
Assists project stakeholders in preparation of project management plans. Adheres to project management plans as determined by project stakeholders.
Applicants should meet the following criteria
• 15+ years of extensive experience in MEP engineering design works (minimum 10 years’ experience in an engineering design company)
• 10 or more years of working experience on design development of Hospitals/Healthcare facilities Multi- millions OMR projects.
• Sound experience and thorough knowledge of MEP design and code requirements supported with sound design experience with the latest UK health related standards (such as HBN and HTM).
• Specialized building services mechanical engineering works/systems for hospitals such as Piping, Pumps, Valves and accessories, HVAC, Firefighting systems, medical gasses/compressed air systems, STPs etc.
• Fully conversant with relevant international standards. Highly experienced in working with the latest international technical standards for mechanical works, current industry Standards, Codes of Practice and best practice.
• Conversant with and experienced working within BIM modelling environment
• Experience in conceptual, front end (preliminary) and detailed design required